So I haven’t traveled to a new place in a bit (but the plans are always rolling like cogs in my head!), but my mind has continued to travel through some of the most inspirational travel movies ever! Here is my list (in no order of preference really):
1. The Way – I have always dreamt of doing the Camino De Santiago pilgrimage, the way of St. James, through France and Spain. This beautiful film goes through the pilgrimage of a father whose son died on the pilgrimage himself. It’s so beautiful – be prepared to want to go to France tomorrow!
2. Eat, Pray, Love – ‘Nuff said – This movie is based on the life-inspired book by Elizabeth Gilbert – a life journey and transformation through Italy, India and Indonesia in search for life pleasures in all ways. Definitely brings out the hippie traveller in me!
4. Under the Tuscan Sun – A heart-warming romantic movie that is full of beauty , wine, and good food! Oh and old houses!
5. The Hundred Foot Journey – What happens when an Indian family has to move across the world to…France! If you like your food, this is a movie for you!
6. The Bucket List – Life is short, so live it! Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson teach us that!
7. Amelie – I haven’t watched this in a while, but this is definitely one of my favourite French movies! It inspired me to keep up the French actually!
8. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and The Second Best Marigold Hotel – Travel to the majesty and comedy of India with a group of seniors who need to find more meaning in their life – Judi Dench at her best!
10. The Art of Travel – Warm your heart again!
So what is your list? On this Obama weekend why don’t you sit down and enjoy one (or five) of these films – transport yourself to another world!
“Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” – Ray Bradbury